Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Savannah, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Design Build Inspector - Engineer in Training in Savannah, GA.
- Observe, measure and document work performed by construction contractors
- Prepare pay statements and maintain project diaries based on observation and measurement of work performed daily by construction contractor.
- Perform field tests on concrete (air content, slump, prepare cylinders) and asphalt (temperature) according to prescribed procedures, processes and standards
- Support Project Manager to verify and document adherence to environmental, traffic and erosion control policies and regulations
- Enter data and use software applications
- Confer with Project Manager to discuss materials tests, alignment and other aspects of construction work to determine appropriate next steps
- Operate computer systems and peripheral equipment
- May observe and document routine construction operations and write routine field reports.
- May assist and observe contractor work on short and long term construction projects and interact with client, contractor or subcontractor representatives accordingly.
- May perform a variety of non-technical tasks designed to assist others in preparing for and/or conducting office, laboratory or field activities.
- May assist in other non-technical projects as appropriate.
- Abide by Safety Policies including wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Maintain inspector diaries
- Maintain and document vehicle preventative maintenance and mileage reports
- Will require work at remote sites around construction equipment and roadway traffic.
- Overtime may be required.
- Some fieldwork may require working with hazardous materials and in hazardous conditions.
Skills / Qualifications
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management or combination of technical education and certifications plus 3 to 7 years of industry experience.
- Certification as Georgia Engineer in Training preferred
- Experience in Georgia Department of Transportation or other State DOT's construction Project Inspection preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of subject matter and project focus
- Ability to use test equipment in an effective and safe manner
- Ability to read and understand plans, procedural manuals and execute work orders
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow directions
Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to drive large pick-up truck; ability to drive a trailer helpful
- Ability to use hands to operate field equipment
- Close, distance and peripheral vision; normal auditory function
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.