Skills: Materials Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Come join Wood as we are looking for Material handler in Chicago, IL. Wood offers full time medical benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and much more. The main function is to manually move freight, stock, or other materials.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Assemble product containers and crates.
- Load and unload ship cargo, using winches and other hoisting devices.
- Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
- Carry needed tools and supplies from storage or trucks, and return them after use
- Chemical plant environment.
Skills / Qualifications
- Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 0-2 years experience required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.