Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Planner with extensive experience within Engineering Procurement & Constructions (EPC) environment to join our team in Hides, Papua New Guinea on a Fly in Fly Out rotational schedule (28 days on /28 days off). Reporting directly to the Project Controls Lead, this position will be responsible for preparing and assessing detailed project plans for all stages and facets to help project delivery outcomes.
- Manage project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements (including construction, hook up and commissioning in the oil and gas industry)
- Produce and issue updates to project plans and schedules (fully logic linked with a critical path) to enable performance analysis to be carried out
- Produce and issue updates to project manpower requirements
- Assess impact of client interface milestones on Wood plans and share relevant Wood milestone data with client through appropriate controls
- Monitor cost allocation to budgeted Cost Time Resource (CTR) work scope break down
- Monitor overall project progress and achievement of major milestones
- Liaise with other planners within the team and share responsibilities as appropriate to deliver an effective planning service to Wood Project Management and the client.
Skills / Qualifications
- At least 8 years' experience as a Planner
- Strong stakeholder management - Internal/External
- A background in Oil & Gas or Construction will be preferred
- Engineering degree or Onsite experience will be highly considered
- A strong working knowledge using Primavera (P6)
- IT literate in all major software packages [word / excel / power point / outlook]
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral.
At this time only PNG National candidates will be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Construction Planner ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.