Skills: Pipeline Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kermit, Texas, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Pipeline Technician in Kermit, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. In this role the Pipeline Technician will perform activities related to gas and/or liquids pipeline system operations.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
In this role the Pipeline Technician / Pipeline Operator will perform activities related to gas and/or liquids pipeline system operations.
- Perform pipeline operations and maintenance Inspection activities on pipeline systems including compressor stations, dehydration facilities, pumping facilities, measurement facilities, and related equipment which may include but is not limited to:
- Cathodic Protection Surveys/Patrolling pipelines
- Calculate, compile, and/or prepare information and reports including but not limited to:
- Pipeline/corrosion activities
- Cathodic Protection Surveys
- Drive and ensure maintenance is complete on company vehicles.
- Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- Company and governmental operating/safety procedures and environmental regulations
- Characteristics of natural gas and gas liquids
- Pigging pipelines, blowing drips, gauging tanks, and collecting liquids
- Construction methods
- Cathodic protection surveys
- Ability to establish priorities and complete work assignments with limited supervision.
- Experience in working with valves and dehydration equipment, scrubbers, and separators.
- Ability to use tools and equipment including computers and related software.
- Experience reading and interpreting maps, drawings, plats, atlas pages, manuals, policies, procedures, dials, and gauges.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.