Skills: Process Control, Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tengiz, Kazakhstan
Wood (trading locally as PSNK) is currently looking for a Process Control System (PCS) Commissioning Engineer to join our team in Tengiz. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements.
- Reports to the assigned Area Field Execution / Field Team Test Lead
- Direction from Client system Completions will be followed at the location / building (RIE, FOO and MOA) level Automation Systems Completions (commissioning) on a day to day basis during Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning.
- Ensuring that the supplied Process Control System is installed correctly, powered up, fully functional, modification when required and completion of all necessary checks and documentation.
Main purpose of job:
- Perform site acceptance testing and pre-commissioning checks on process control (PCS/HMI, 3 rd party Interfaces) and where applicable the FGS/SIS system interfaces.
- Provides specialist support when required for the plant start up and on-going commissioning, for example fault finding, de-bugging and application correction.
- Undertake system modifications and associated management of change documentation.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Actively participates in the installation / configuration / implementation & commissioning of Industrial control & safety systems to meet customer specifications and be able to independently implement (unsupervised) significant modification to these systems.
- Undertake system firmware and application updates.
- Ensure all testing, modifications are executed in accordance with agreed methodologies completing all necessary checks and paperwork.
- Provides accurate progress reporting and completion status.
- Responsible for technical validation and completeness of any document redlines (basis for as-building) for the assigned area.
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years industrial experience with a minimum of Three to Five (3 - 5) years hands-on experience with Honeywell Experion, Servers, Networks, field interfaces and equipment.
- Working experience of associated documentation such as Cause/effects, P&IDs, Control narratives, Data sheets and site procedures.
- Ideally experience and product training on Honeywell Safety Manager System and have the ability to trouble shoot and resolve interfaces to the safety manager.
- Have experience of Factory Acceptance, Site Acceptance and Pre-commissioning and commissioning support.
- Awareness of testing and what may be happening in the field equipment due to the effects of the testing.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation, particularly HART Devices interfacing into FDM, FDM Server and DD files.
- Experience in Serial Communications particularly MODBUS TCP/IP protocol.
- Understanding of the data transfer of third party package equipment over ELAN.
- Ability to facilitate simple HMI modifications to correct errors on the run.
- Experience in Microsoft product suite.
- Ability to follow and suggest complex testing strategies to ensure that system applications function as designed.
- Understanding of Experion Network Architecture.
- Understanding of cyber security measures to ensure the integrity of the control system.
- Has experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore or infrastructure industries.
- Minimum Degree or equivalent experience. (Or further qualification if stipulated by VISA/Work Permit requirements.
- Required Characteristics:
- Willingness to undertake travel and site rotations over an extended period.
- Ability to work in extreme environments. Temperatures ranging between -45degC and +45degC. (-49degF and 113degF)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer handling skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work under pressure in a tense construction / commissioning environment
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.