Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mangystau Province, Kazakhstan
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood (trading locally as PSNK) is currently looking for a Network / Server Engineer to join our team in Tengiz. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements.
The MAC Network Engineer will have primary responsibility for the Process Automation System Network hardware and software Systems hands on configuration and commissioning.
- Reports to the assigned Area Execution / Field Team test Lead.
- Direction from Client Automation System Completions will be followed at the location / building (RIE, FOO and MOA) level.
- Ensuring that the supplied Process Control and Safety Manager Network and Servers are installed correctly, powered up, fully functioning, modified when required and completion of all necessary checks and documentation.
Main Purpose of the job:
- Provides subject matter expertise in the setup, commissioning and configuration and testing of servers and networks.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Where necessary, download server related operating systems, configure server profiles, establish accounts, partition drives, download server related applications and test the above for proper operability
- Maintain and update if required relevant project documentation including network architecture drawings, test specifications, hardware drawings and cable schedules associated with the network systems.
- Ensure installed systems comply with project design (IP addresses, Windows Active Directory, Group Policies, Virtualization, Cabling Infrastructure. Compliance with project standards for cyber security.
- Responsible for technical validation and completeness of any document redlines (basis for as-building) for the assigned area.
Skills / Qualifications
- Basic Knowledge of Hardware design such as basics in Cabinet, wiring, earth and power rating for heating / cooling and energy distribution including UPS systems
- Knowledge of IBM Blade Servers and Cisco in accordance with Honeywell specifications.
- RTU and Modbus and other protocols (HART / Profibus). Information Management Systems integration and Level-3 Information network and the interfaces to Client's business network.
- Knowledge of 3rd party Industrial PLC and Serial Interfaces.
- Knowledge of Fault Tolerant Networks and Ethernet Topology Infrastructure with Systems Integration and Industrial Applications such as OPC and Historian.
- Has experience of Factory Acceptance, Site Acceptance and Pre-commissioning and commissioning support.
- Design and Implementation for the Process Control Domain (PCD). ISA 99 (Purdue Model) Level 2 Knowledge of 3 rd party Industrial PLC and Serial Interfaces such as RTU and Modbus and other protocols (HART/Profibus). Information Management Systems integration and Level-3 Information network and the interface to Client's business network.
- Knowledge of Industrial Automation Architecture
- Deployment of any site PCD global design details (e.g. Network Forest, IP addresses, Windows Active Directory, Group Policies, Virtualization, Cabling Infrastructure and knowledge of Cisco switches, routers and Firewall' templates in line with Honeywell's supported versions...etc)
- Knowledge of client/server DCS systems or have a background in Industrial Automation
- Basic Knowledge of Hardware design such as basics in Cabinet, wiring, earth and power rating for heating/cooling and energy distribution including UPS systems
- Basic Knowledge of quality procedures and documentation control systems
- Knowledge of Fault Tolerant Networks and Ethernet Topology Infrastructure with Systems Integration and Industrial Applications such as OPC and Historian
- Knowledge of DMZ and security (Firewall Polices/ACL) requirements both for the Tengiz infrastructure and for the Staging Facility.
- Detailed design, implementation and delivery of the L3/L3.5 network hardware and application design based on the engineering design information from the PAS Design Team.
- Production of test specifications (FAT/SAT) required for ensuring compliance of the implementation with design requirements.
- Working closely with the PAS Infrastructure Network Lead who will retain responsibility for the PCD global design details (e.g. Network Forest, IP addresses, Windows Active Directory, Group Policies, Virtualization, Cabling Infrastructure and knowledge of Cisco switches and templates in line with Honeywell's supported versions) and will work with the PAS Infrastructure Network Architect on all aspects of PCD global design.
- Has experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore or infrastructure industries.
- Minimum Degree or equivalent experience. (Or further qualification if stipulated by VISA/Work Permit requirements.)
- Willingness to undertake travel and site rotations over an extended period.
- Ability to work in extreme environments. Temperatures ranging between -45degC and +45degC. (-49degF and 113degF)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer handling skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work under pressure in a tense construction / commissioning environment
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.