Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking Intermediate Instrumentation & Controls Designers in anticipation of a project win in Russia to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario The I & C Designer will apply extensive and comprehensive knowledge of Design principles and practices to the organization's products and services. The Designers will plan, schedule and assign/supervise or conduct broad and/or technically complex assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
- 3D modelling of instrumentation, junction boxes and panels (Bentley MicroStation knowledge an asset)
- Design junction box location, instrument cable schedule, MTOs
- Design bus communication layouts for smart instrumentation
- Generate termination diagrams for junction boxes, wiring and loop diagrams
- Generate instrument location drawings
- Design panel layouts for instrumentation
- Working comfortable with P&IDS, control narratives, Interlock diagrams and alarm summary tables
- Proficient on reading and working with equipment supplier drawings
- Coordinate work with I&C team members and with other disciplines.
- Support/perform other I&C design work as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma from school of Instrument/Controls Technology, or appropriate level of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of previous instrumentation wiring experience using Bentley BRCM (preferably) or using another instrumentation software will be considered an asset
- Excellent understanding of working principles of different instrumentation technologies, their application, and specific installation requirements
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficient in 3D modelling, AutoCAD, MicroStation v8i, Bentley Open Plant / BRCM, SPI
- Knowledge of Russian language/ experience with project in Russia and Russian codes will be considered an asset.
- This position is permanent and does not have relocation assistance or living allowances attached to it. You must live within reasonable commuting distance or be willing to work in Oakville at your own expense
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.