Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Estimator with primary responsibility for preparing cost estimates for the Fuels Program. The position will report to the Fuels Program Manager.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and ethical behavior when representing the Company
- Develop a complete understanding of the project and proposal requirements to ensure fully responsive submissions.
- Review the Request for Proposals and develop the work breakdown structure. Identify the scope gaps and subcontractor requirements.
- Review subcontractor bidders list to ensure adequate coverage, including that of any required minority or small business participation goals or requirements.
- Work with operations staff to identify project risks to ensure that proper risk mitigation is included in the estimating and subcontractor scoping process.
- Prepare the subcontractor bid tables and bid packages.
- Perform detailed scope review meetings with the subcontractors.
- Develop internal estimates for all work for comparison to subcontractor pricing.
- Work with Operations to develop project staffing plans and assemble project General Conditions estimate.
- Work with Operations and Scheduling to coordinate approach to the project to ensure that the estimate reflects sequencing and durations.
- Work with Supply Chain in the management of the company subcontractor database and subcontractor prequalification process.
- Ensure effective turn-over of successful bids, including the contractual scope of work development, to Supply Chain for contract administration.
- Work with individuals in other departments (Proposal Preparation, Project Controls, Procurement, Safety, Quality, etc.) as part of developing a complete proposal submission.
- Work with owners, architects, consultants, and subcontractors during design, budgeting, and estimating phases of negotiated and design-build projects.
- Oversee and lead preconstruction type efforts, including:
- Constructability Reviews
- Value Engineering exercises
- Meeting and working with design professionals
- Meeting and working with subcontractor partners
- Successfully managing both internal and external relationships.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10+ years of cost estimating experience with 5+ years of experience as a fuels construction project estimator on large complex projects.
- Prepare estimates using various estimating software, and Excel using cost data provided by R.S. Means and other available databases.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of construction means and methods, codes and standards, and safety regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Experience on USACE, Air Force, and Navy contracts.
- Experience on projects in Mississippi or the surrounding region.
- Must be a US Citizen, this position requires the successful applicant to be a U.S. Citizen.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.