Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Structural Supervisor to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a five - year period with a possible two - year extension. Wood has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
Purpose / Role
- To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent structural supervisory construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards, and procedures.
- To ensure that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric, or environment.
Key aims and objectives
- Ensure all Structural work is carried out in a safe and productive manner in line with Company and client Procedures
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Supervise all structural activities
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring always that the structural work scope is completed safely and to a high standard.
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable work pack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawing / sketches.
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi discipline team.
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
- Can read drawings and specifications, and be familiar with the work programmes to progress the work as necessary for the timely and proper execution of the work
- Report immediately to the Construction Superintendent, any discrepancy, or material shortages he may discover
- Plan and organize the work ensuring that the necessary resources are available and fit for purpose
- Plan and organize the team to carry out the work
- Ensure that the workforce maintain a high standard of productivity
- Maintain the information loop between colleagues and other disciplines / departments
- Manage certification, documentation, reporting, (daily / weekly)
- Reading and interpreting drawings, (Including other disciplines where required
Allied occasional duties
- Participate and contribute to Amec Foster Wheeler Emergency Response process and procedure
- Participate and contribute to Amec Foster Wheeler personnel development programmes
- Be Aware of and practice fully the requirement for total safety attitude in all operations
- Assist other trades, (within capability)
Key internal interfaces
- Construction Superintendent
- Welding Supervisor
- Discipline Supervision and foremen
- HSE Adviser
Key external interfaces
- Client personnel
- Sub - contract personnel
- Vendors and specialists
- Trade background
- Safe working practices (including PTW system)
- Team working
- Good problem solver techniques
- Understanding of other disciplines
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications / Training
- Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
- Recognized apprenticeship
- Verifiable evidence - CV
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical
- MIST / IMIST
- Degree educated in a related Engineering subject
- Management NVQ Level 4 or 5
- Conversant with TRM process
- Accident / Incident Investigation
- First Step for Supervision
- CDCA Competence Assurance Assessor Training
- Amec Foster Wheeler mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
- Demonstrable experience as a Plater
- Demonstrable experience in a supervisory position in a structural role
Personal qualities, aptitudes, and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and provide direction to ensure subordinate staff comply with operating manual and relevant procedures
- Flexible - able to comply with company and client requirements
- Ability to work with other disciplines
- Confident - ability to work unsupervised in execution of task
- Ability to work in a multi - cultural environment
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role and develop others as part of nationalization program
Competencies - generic
- Shall be able to read, write and speak English and Malay
- Possesses a good understanding of safe working practices, policies and regulations and can always demonstrate commitment to safe working
- Comply with operational and safety manuals and procedures
- Ability to supervise work activities
- Ability to deliver quality "toolbox talks"
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.