Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is currently recruiting for a Scaffolding Supervisor to oversee all Scaffolding Construction activities on site, ensuring scaffolding contractors' work performance and schedule meets the requirements for scaffolding installation.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of construction supervisors and engineers within assigned areas. Provide daily supervisory surveillance checks and records, ensuring that contractors' management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permit procedures, protective equipment, experienced / qualified supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets
- Routinely study, check, review and validate the discipline scope of work against the appropriate Contract Requisition to ensure the Contractors
- Ensure that the contractors scaffold material is of an approved type and that contractor scaffolders are experienced and qualified in its use
- Ensure that all false works are approved before they are erected
- Ensure that all scaffold structures and false work are controlled by a Scaftag type system
- Ensure that only qualified scaffold personnel modify scaffold structures, false work, and move scaffold boards
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive Scaffolding Supervisory experience in an Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Construction environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Considerable experience of supervising Scaffolding contractors to achieve effective construction execution
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.