Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Wood is recruiting for a Construction Manager responsible for daily management of all assigned capital construction field execution. Assure efficient and effective management of contractor project execution to deliver best value to our customer. This role will be based at our client, in Marlborough, MA.
- Reports to the Wood Project Manager
- Coordinate daily activities with the site superintendent
- Coordinate Vendors/Bidders/Partners/Sub Contractors
- Coordinate with Client(s)
- Working with and on behalf of Client in execution of existing and future contracts for Capital Expenditure projects.
- This is an exempt position requiring strict understanding and compliance with confidentiality requirements.
- Assist with execution and contractor activities at site.
- Schedule daily work and oversee activities in the field. (Coordinate and Inspect)
- Work directly with Client's Contract Administrator to ensure contractors are meeting Client's site execution requirements.
- Work directly with Client's Safety Manager to ensure the Site Safety Plan is being implemented by the contractors.
- Develop weekly coordination/scheduling meeting. Ensure contractors are meeting schedule obligations.
- Assist in development of future project packages for bidding.
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelors Degree is required together with a minimum of 15 years of private sector construction management experience.
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake multifunction activities within the Wood Project Team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to 'multi-task' and manage the commercial approvals process within the constraints of multiple deadlines.
- Willingness to undertake specific training related to contracts and risk management
- Dupont/Chemours Experience preferred/desired
- Ability to stoop, kneel and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Will work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and will walk on uneven ground
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.