Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting two Welfare Officers to join our growing team in Brunei. The exciting project will run for at least five years, adopting our world - class systems and making use of our extensive global expertise.
Purpose / Role:
- To act as single focal point for engagement of the offshore workforce to ensure effective resolution of concerns and Welfare issues through interfacing with their line management, vessel management, HR and Payroll departments efficiently.
- Arranging entertainment events during offshore out of work hours
Key aims and objectives:
- To facilitate effective communication, support and resolution of workforce issues, thereby promoting AMEC FW as first choice employer at all times.
Prime responsibilities and duties:
- Act in a safe and environmentally compliant manner to ensure others do likewise.
- Co-ordinate with HR / Timekeepers and Payroll Dept. to ensure payroll queries are answered in a timely manner and adequate communication is provided to the workforce.
- Liaise with HR Business Partner and HR Co-ordinator to resolve any queries regarding terms and conditions on employment.
- Liaise with HRBP and Commercial Dept. to resolve any expenses related queries.
- Ensure that any change to personnel data is communicated to the relevant departments. And is up to date in all systems, being managed in accordance with contract requirements.
- Deliver communication briefings on behalf of Projects & AMEC to employees when deemed appropriate.
- Have a clear understanding of contractual terms, conditions and expenses policy so as to give advice to employees to eliminate any misunderstandings or inappropriate claims.
- Liaise weekly with relevant HR personnel and produce monthly reports for HR Business Partners summarising key issues.
- To encourage provision of amenities such as canteens, shelters for rest, drinking water stations
- To advise on provision of welfare facilities, such as offshore vessel facilities, foodstuffs, social and recreational facilities, sanitation, advice on individual personnel problems
- To bring to the notice of the construction management the grievances of workers, individual as well as collective, with a view of securing their expeditious redress and to act as a liaison officer between the management and labour;
- To establish contacts and hold consultations with a view to maintaining harmonious relations between the offshore leadership team and workers;
- To study and understand the point of view of labour in order to help the offshore leadership team to shape and formulate labour policies and to interpret these policies to the workers in a language they can understand;
- To watch industrial relations with a view of using his/or her influence in the event of a dispute between the offshore leadership team and workers and to help to bring about a settlement by persuasive effort
- To promote relations between the concerned departments of the offshore leadership team and workers which will bring about productive efficiency as well as amelioration in the working conditions and to help workers to adjust and adapt themselves to these working environments;
- To encourage the formation of Cooperative Societies and Welfare Committee, and to supervise their work
- To advise the management on questions relating to training of new starters, apprentices, instructors and supervisors, supervision and control of notice board and information bulletins to further education of workers
- To suggest measures which will serve to raise the standard of living of workers and in general promote their well- being.
Allied occasional duties:
- Attend meetings as required
- Supporting Offshore Construction Manager, Logistics and Timekeepers.
- General administration duties as directed by Construction Manager
Key internal interfaces:
- AMEC FW Construction Management, HR and Payroll Teams.
- Offshore Logistics and Timekeepers.
- Offshore Supervision and workforce.
Key external interfaces:
- Client personnel
- Must have Bosiet / Medical Certs for offshore requirement
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in Timekeeping / Time net System
- Experience in the O&G Industry offshore working
- IT Literate in word, excel, outlook etc
- TBOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
- NVQ level 3 in Management
- AMEC mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc
- Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working.
- Extensive knowledge of O & G related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures.
- Ability to interface and interact with Management and Client Representatives at all levels.
- Ability to work both at team and independent level.
- Conversant with HR practices / processes.
- Onshore / Offshore experience in similar role.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
- Flexible - able to comply /adapt to company / client requirements.
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project / company goals.
- Ability to interact with management / presonnel at all levels - commited team player.
- Confident and ability to work on own initiative.
- Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team - good attitude to continous improvement.
- Ability to work in a multi cultural environment.
Competencies - generic:
- Ability to demonstrate effective and efficient management of processes and personnel.
- Ability to demonstate high level understanding of HSE safe working practices / procedures and their implemetation.
- Ability to react to changing deadlines and achieve project goals / milestones.
Competencies - technical:
- IT Literate in all major software packages (Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc).
- Ability to compile accurate data and produce detailed reports.
Competencies - project / department specific:
- To be completed by Project on requisitioning.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.