Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Lead Material, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
Purpose / Role
- To lead the Materials team and be responsible for all project material management activities to support execution of project schedules.
- Ensures that HSSE is to the fore in all conducted offshore material activities, leading by example by always seeking for improvements and making interventions where required.
- Define the offshore Materials Management Strategy and ensure execution in line with this throughout the duration of the scope of work.
- Ensure all databases are updated; materials and plant & equipment are receipted and issued in accordance with Company policies, procedures and in compliance with all HSSE and any legislative requirements.
- Co - ordination of all materials personnel (including performance management), Offshore Warehouse Management, Shipping and Logistics activities.
- Inventory management and reconciliation.
Key aims and objectives
- Ensuring the HSSE is to the fore in all conducted material activities by providing leadership through example.
- Develop appropriate offshore materials management strategies and plans, including manpower requirements and performance management, ensuring that deployed processes and systems (track & trace) and reports (PaMMS / SCRAM) are utilized to maximum benefit.
- Efficient and effective management of all materials and plant & equipment in accordance with relevant Company policies, procedures, and project schedules.
- In - depth knowledge of warehousing and offshore legislations, e.g. COSHH / Hazardous Materials, Dangerous Goods, etc.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Ensuring that all offshore conducted material movement activities are carried out with HSSE to the fore and in an exemplary manner by providing leadership through personal example.
- Implement offshore materials management strategies, systems, and plans.
- Ensure adequate offshore manpower to execute scope of work and performance manage same and ensure that workload is appropriately distributed amongst offshore SCM team.
- Ensure all materials databases and project reporting tools are updated with latest information.
- Manage the flow of materials from offshore requisition, onshore supply base to installation to ensure safe and timely delivery of Project work scopes.
- Engagement with and co - ordination with third parties to ensure that offshore inspection regimes are maintained e.g. rental plant and equipment.
- Ensure all materials management activities are completed in time for distribution and issue of materials to relevant job site(s).
- Manage the material control and warehousing functions to ensure timely delivery, receipt, checking, storing, and issuing of goods.
- Management of stock levels, e.g. offshore warehouse min / max levels for "pad - stock" and offshore plant & equipment register.
- Provide input to offshore material and planning meeting, via material availability reports, to ensure that offshore work scope is conducted as efficiently as possible
- Provide input to Construction and Marine Management in respect of efficient supply vessel movements.
- Ensure that all backloading activities are conducted in a safe and compliant manner, e.g. safe loading of backload containers and accurately and compliantly (IMDG) manifested.
- Ensure effective and timely reconciliation and disposal of surplus project materials ensuring costs are minimized.
- Produce detailed hand - over at the end of rotation for assigned back - to - back to ensure seamless transition and no interruption to operations.
Allied occasional duties
- Provide support and assistance to other members of the offshore team as required.
- Attend and participate in morning calls and any other project meetings.
Key internal interfaces
- SCM Team.
- Offshore Planning.
- Engineering Disciplines.
- Offshore Construction team.
- Offshore QC Co - Ordinator.
Key external interfaces
- Offshore Mobilized Third - Party Service Providers.
Customer project team
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications / Training
- SVQ / Standard Grade or equivalent
- 10 years Oil & Gas Materials Management experience
- Materials Management Systems - Notably PaMMS & Matflo (Track & Trace)
- IT Literate (Excel / Word etc.)
- BOSIET (Offshore Survival)
- Dangerous Goods by Land, Air and Sea
- Demonstrable safety leadership experience.
- Experienced in the control and management of materials from receipt at warehouse through to distribution to required site location
- Demonstrable experience in PaMMS and Matflo (Track & Trace)
- Good working knowledge of material systems, process controls, warehousing and logistics within the oil and gas industry
- Good knowledge of legislative requirements for onshore and offshore materials management
- Proven ability to work to demanding project schedules
- Competent in maintaining and updating project reports accordingly
- Ability to identify oil and gas project materials and equipment
- Experience in the handling, storing and preservation of oil and gas project materials and equipment
- Demonstrate good excel spreadsheet data manipulation skills
- Good knowledge of materials management systems, e.g. SAP, MAXIMO, CONVERO, etc.
Personal qualities, aptitudes, and skills
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety
- Individual who can lead a team and work as part of a greater team.
- Individual who can initiate improvements on their own initiative
- Actively promotes good business ethics
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels
- Attention to detail, a commitment to getting it "right - first - time"
- Ability to react to changing deadlines to achieve project goals / milestones
- Flexibility to comply and adapt to company and customer requirements
- Meticulous in the maintenance and updating of materials management systems
- Adherence to company policies and procedures
Competencies - generic
- Good understanding of engineering commodities
- Ability to effectively multi - task in challenging situations.
- Understand the need for close inter - departmental working relationships to ensure timely delivery of materials in line with Project Plan.
Competencies - technical
- Basic understanding of material specifications and standards (e.g. ASME, ASTM, BS, EN, ATEX, PED, BASEEFA)
- Ability to check and verify materials against relevant certification
- Comprehensive understanding of stock management principles
- Promote HSSE policy and other regulations such as LOLER, Environmental, COSHH, Dangerous Goods, etc.
- Compliance with manual handling regulations
- Ability to read and understand Isometric drawings (ISO's)
- Capable of maintaining registers of equipment and hazardous chemicals.
- Performance management of personnel
Competencies - project / department specific
- To be completed by project on requisitioning.
- Ability to set and achieve personal objectives and goals.
- Able to identify personal training opportunities.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.