Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Structural Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a motivated team player to fill the role of Entry Level Structural Engineer . The position will be based in our Chicago, IL office located near O'Hare International Airport while they are being trained and then will have the option to work from home during the remainder of the Covid protocols.
Wood Chicago is a leader in the Transportation industry, serving federal, state, and local DOT's. Wood has key contracts in place and a strong project portfolio presenting opportunities for rapid expansion of this practice. The Chicago Structural Engineering team is heavily focused on Transportation projects in Chicago and routinely provides support to offices throughout North America; working not only on Transportation projects, but in other Structural related disciplines as well. These disciplines include small building analysis/design, and a variety of miscellaneous structures supporting our Power, Industrial and Rail Clients. We are looking for an entry level Structural Engineer who can take on large structural tasks with oversight from Senior Engineers.
Our team is known for innovation and outstanding customer service and will continue to build on these values. This is a unique opportunity offering technical challenges, project leadership and potential for growth within a large, diverse, and international firm.
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Primary responsibilities include the design of bridges and other transportation-related structures or structural elements; Other structural engineering tasks may relate to the rail or industrial sectors
- Occasional field assignments may include structural inspections under the guidance of a senior engineer
- Candidate will perform analysis of bridge or other structural components as part of a larger and diverse design team under the supervision of a Senior Level Engineer
- Develop design plans and specifications for use during construction and ensure all projects comply with applicable codes and regulation
- Will write reports including bridge condition reports, bridge inspection reports, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- 0-3+ years of related experience in the Transportation Industry
- Experience on Illinois DOT or Illinois Tollway projects preferred
- Primary focus is on Transportation structures, but Building structural design experience is considered an added asset
- BS in Civil Engineering with specialization in Structural Engineering required; Master's Degree in Structural Engineering also acceptable
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Experience with A.A.S.H.T.O. Bridge Design code would be considered an asset
- Experience with MicroStation software preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD software would be considered an asset
- Registration as an EIT preferred
- Internship/previous experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.