Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant.
This involves the completion of legal entity statutory accounts in line with deadlines and working closely with Group Finance to ensure that the audit process for UK legal entities are managed appropriately.
The individual will also be involved in ensuring that each legal entity is compliant, and processes are well controlled for tax purposes (both direct and indirect). Further areas of involvement will extend to company policy and process review, development of technical advice and legal entity closure.
This will require the management of a team and to demonstrate influencing skills with business management and other functions.
Key accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Assist the UK Region Finance Centre (RFC) Manager to ensure that the team is functioning properly, are fully trained to perform the roles and continue to develop and adapt as the function evolves
- Management of the team on a daily basis ensuring that tasks are being completed in line with deadlines
- A key point of contact across Finance teams and acting as a point of escalation for the Business to ensure customer service levels are maintained, and issues dealt with promptly
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of the legal entity statutory accounts, ensuring that there is supporting information held for all balances and disclosures reported, and that deadlines for returns are met
- Management of the UK statutory audit process for each legal entity and acting as a key focal point for the external auditors, working together with Group function to ensure there is a clear timetable and structure for the audits
- Act as a focal point for the outsourced tax professionals and Group Tax, ensuring that the overall tax analysis collection process is managed and co-ordinated in a proper manner
- Assist the UK RFC Manager with planning for transition of activity to Delhi Finance Service Centre, change management and execution of the transition
- Support the VAT return submission process as required and ensure performing in line with expectations and timelines
- Assist the Legal Entity Rationalisation team to ensure that requirements are met for ongoing entity closures
- Assist the UK RFC Manager with scheduled roll-in of activity into the UK RFC, including engagement with the businesses during the Enterprise workshops, and ensuring that appropriate materials are shared for planning purposes
- Ensure that standard operating procedures for processes carried out in the team are developed and maintained
- Support the business on ad-hoc queries relating to technical, direct and indirect tax matters, as and when required
Skills / Qualifications
- Further eduction through College or University with a recognised accounting qualification
- Qualified ICAS / ICAEW / ACCA or equivalent
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive technical accounting experience
- Proficient user of Excel
- International Financial Reporting Standards and how they are adhered to and applied
- Disclosure requirements for UK listed companies
- Experience of standard statutory accounts completion software
- Excellent technical accounting skills and committed to continuous learning and development
- Ability to form and maintain strong working relationships
- Shows willingness to make improvements and shares best practice
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to discuss issues clearly and concisely at all levels within the organisation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.