Skills: Project Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood perform consulting and EPCM services for many of Canada's power generation and power distribution companies.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Junior/Intermediate Project Manager. Reporting to the Project Delivery Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for the successful execution of projects in our Vancouver office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Safe, environmentally responsible, timely and on-budget delivery of high voltage transmission lines, distribution and substation projects on EPCM basis
- Managing the project through its lifecycle, starting from project conception/definition, development of the project plan, budget, schedule, procurement and contracting strategies, through the engineering, procurement and construction phases
- Coordinating project team members and sub-contractors, as well as the client to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of transmission lines and substation projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Managing the Key Performance Indicators
- Acting as a professional resource for the successful completion of multiple challenging transmission and distribution projects
- Providing and maintaining status reports to the project sponsors, the client and management regarding the overall project progress and performance, utilizing client systems where appropriate
- Developing relationship and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services
- Acting preventively to avoid safety and environmental issues as well to maintain efficient project delivery
- Gathering up to date information, first hand, at project sites mainly within British Columbia
- Managing scope changes proactively and resolving complex issues both with clients and internal project teams
- Mentoring and training junior project managers and project services support staff
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering (preferably electrical) from a recognized university and a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years engineering or operations experience preferably on transmission or distribution utility projects
- Transmission line and substation experience is considered an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.