Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Municipal Engineer. This position is in our Burlington, Ontario office.
Wood is seeking a motivated individual who combines strong technical skills with a keen interest in team leadership, project management, and business development. The successful candidate will have experience in a variety of municipal infrastructure projects including municipal utilities (storm and sanitary sewers, water distribution), utility master planning, asset management, roads and transportation.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches and specifications for Municipal Engineering projects.
- Provide input to proposals, feasibility studies, design criteria, reports, preliminary design and engineering specifications
- Investigate field and design problems and prepare reports
- Hydraulic modelling of Municipal Systems
- Liaison with client, authorities and contractors
- Site visits and inspections
- Preparation of studies, design criteria, and quantity estimates.
- Contribute to preparation of proposals and man-hour estimates
- Develop and implement project engineering procedures
- Develop and promote engineering safety in design initiatives
- Coordinate all requirements for the related project with other disciplines
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering; M.Sc. or M.Eng. in Civil Engineering
- Registered with Professional Engineers Ontario
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in municipal engineering.
- Good knowledge of gravity and pressure hydraulics and master planning background will be considered an asset.
- Proficient with InfoSEWER and InfoWATER modelling platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff in a team environment as well as independently
- The ability to lead teams and mentor staff
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills are mandatory
- Experience as a Discipline Lead for municipal engineering projects including specific design and construction experience in water, sanitary and stormwater projects.
- Ability to coordinate, interview and report project aspects with utility owners, municipalities, and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario West/Greater Toronto & Hamilton Municipal market would be considered an asset
- Experience Business Development would be an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.