Skills: Engineering Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a full-time career opportunity for an entry level field technician to support GDOT projects. The i ncumbent may require orientation and training in all phases of assigned work in accordance with Wood standards. The incumbent will perform assignments under direct supervision. Typically, assignments include inspecting, measuring and documenting work performed by a construction contractor and providing support as required for GDOT and consultant personnel performing inspection of construction activities. Also will ned the ability to solve problems of a routine nature with ample precedent or clearly defined procedures. Work is supervised/reviewed regularly.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe, measure and document work performed by construction contractors
- Support Project Manager in preparing pay statements and maintaining project diaries
- Perform field tests on concrete (air content, slump, prepare cylinders) and asphalt (temperature) according to prescribed procedures, processes and standards
- Support Project Manager to verify and document adherence to environmental, traffic and erosion control policies and regulations
ADDITIONAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Abide by Safety Policies including wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Maintain inspector diaries
- Maintain and document vehicle preventative maintenance and mileage reports
Skills / Qualifications
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma, prefer one year of engineering, science or technology education or training or 0 to 2 years applicable experience.
- Ability to understand procedural manuals and execute work orders
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow direction
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS-PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive large pick-up truck; ability to drive a trailer helpful.
- Ability to use hands to operate field equipment.
- Close, distance, and peripheral vision; normal auditory function.
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements, including the ability to wear a respirator, as required.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATON REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Must pass Health and Safety Training and Defensive Driving Courses upon hire.
No professional licensing or certifications required - Entry Level
MACHINES, TOOLS AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED:
- May use a number of different pieces of equipment, i.e. Slump Cone, Air Meter, Measuring Wheel/Tape, Thermometer, etc. Employee will be fully trained in the use of equipment necessary to accomplish their work.
- May require work at remote sites around construction equipment, drilling rigs, explosives and environment contamination.
- Overtime may be required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.