Skills: Cartography / Mapping
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Orla, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Line locator in Orla, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Candidate will be responsible for ONE-CALL response, documentation and record keeping to ensure compliance with ONE-CALL Law.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Has knowledge and experience in underground line locating and mapping of underground utilities
- Conducts surveys for new pipeline and power line
- Leads the safety effort to ensure all excavation work in and around the COP pipelines is performed as per established procedures to protect the health and well being of personnel's involved in the work
- Performs line locating as per ONE-CALL requests and in accordance with the line-finding procedures
- Ensures COP pipeline maps are maintained and are readily available
- Ensures the implementation of safety & environmental procedures and in compliance with regulations and policies
- Installs/Stakes out and maps locations using GPS systems
- Encusres line Locators (one Call) are dispatched to sweep, mark, and maps underground utilities prior to excavation
Skills / Qualifications
- Requires up to 1 years of experience
- Requires basic knowledge of discipline
- Uses established procedures to solve standard, straight-forward problems
- Has the ability to perform routine assignments based on detailed instructions/past practices
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.