Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Queens, New York, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior HVAC Technician to work at a client site near Long Island, New York. This opportunity will be for a fixed one year term unless extended. Key responsibilities include:
- HVAC Operation & Maintenance
- Plumbing installation and repair
- Fire Alarm System operation and electical troubeshooting
- Electric pallet jack and hoist operation
- Cable pulls through weather heads and concrete slabs
- Framing and gypsum board installation as well as the replacement of VCT / LVT, carpet tiles, ceiling tiles, gypsum etc.
- Weekly / monthly / yearly safety inspections
- Repair furniture, vertical blinds, locks, etc.
- Replace light bulbs, (fluorescent, incandescent, etc.) and lenses
- Repair and or preventive maintenance on select equipment (hydraulic shear, water filtration system & filter replacement, Spot Coolers, etc.)
- Moving and re-arranging of furniture and electronic equipment
- Assist with the loading and unloading of material delivered or being transported. Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Spackling and painting and minimal locksmith tasks
- Good time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization of tasks
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Active DOD Secret Clearance with at least 4 years remaining before reinvestigation is preferred
- Must have good interpersonal skills to communicate with the client Maintenance Technicians and employees.
- Must be capable of working with the appropriate PPE for the tasks being performed and adhere to all policies and procedures including site safety requirements
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.