Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Civil & Structural for a short term contract position.
- Produce drawings to schedules in accordance with accepted Engineering practice and AMECFW draughting procedures.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
- Detailed design and production of civil / structural drawings encompassing all aspects of a plant construction package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Timely completion of drawings to schedules.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Adherence to Standards and Procedures.
- Assist with training of junior draughtspersons.
- Miscellaneous tasks such as vendor work inspections and testing, as directed.
- Production of drawings on time and within budget.
- Process vendor data within agreed timeframes.
- Clarity and accuracy of drawings.
- Knowledge and adherence to CAD Procedures.
- Knowledge of and adherence to applicable standards and Drafting Procedures.
- Completion of error free drawings to sound engineering practices.
- Accurate completion and timely submission of timesheets.
- To actively pursue excellent Health, Safety and Environmental performance standards and to encourage all staff to achieve or out perform the indicated HSE KPI's
Skills / Qualifications
- Sound engineering background.
- Diploma in Engineering
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 10 years design draughting experience, of which 5 years are in the mining and minerals processing area.
- Familiar with relevant 2D & 3D CAD software, AMECFW Drafting Procedures.
- Broad knowledge of construction and operations.
- Good understanding of technology.
- Experience with Process Plant design and layout.
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Checking skills with ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion
- An open mind to new ideas / concepts.
- Team player.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.