Skills: Fitter / Turner
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Transmission & Distribution
Plant & HGV Fitter / Engineer
Reporting day to day business directly to the Workshop Supervisor, with a reporting line to the Plant & Equipment Manager as appropriate, the successful candidate must be adaptable and have a professional approach.
Specific roles and responsibilities will include:
- Inspection & Routine Servicing/Maintenance of various Tractors.
- Inspection & Maintenance of Tractor Mounted Winch's.
- Inspection & Maintenance of Truck/Lorry Mounted Cranes.
- Inspection & Maintenance of HGV Vehicles including prep for Test's
- Inspection & Maintenance of Varied Hydraulic Equipment.
- Inspect & Repair non Specialist Plant / Vehicles when required.
- Maintain PPM Schedules on all Plant
- Liaise with Plant Department ensure FTA Inspections are carried out in specified time periods.
- Liaise with Plant Department ensure full compliance with Test & Certification.
- Liaise with Plant Department & Material Controller ensure Plant Damage reports are completed & recorded.
- Identification of Parts / Spares including Requisition & Order.
- Move Plant & Equipment from site to site as directed maintaining accurate records reporting any Damage/Defects to Materials Controller when required.
- Assist on Sites & Stores when required.
- Haulage of Specialist Plant & Equipment from Strategic Depot locations within the UK to sites maintaining accurate records when required
Skills / Qualifications
Knowledge / Experience
- Time served Fitter, holding recognised qualifications with a Dealership or Company that relates to Roles/Duties e.g. Tractor Dealership/ Plant/Transport Dealership / Relevant Construction Company
- Knowledge of Hydraulic & Hydrostatic systems
- Knowledge of Safe Load Working Devices
- Adaptable - To Service / Diagnose & Repair on many types of Specialist Equipment
- Knowledge of Environmental requirements involved in Maintaining & Servicing Plant
- HGV Class 2 licence (Class 1 Desirable).
- CITB / CPCS or recognised equivalent Lorry Loader certificate desirable
- Digital Tachograph Card desirable.
- Good understanding of Lifting Gear & Equipment
- Understanding of SHE Procedures & Practices
- Understanding of LOLER for Lifting Ops & Lifting Equipment
- Understanding of PUWER for Provision & Use Work Equipment
- Fork-Lift / Telehandler Licence desirable
- Safety Passport.
- BESC (Basic Electrical Safety) desirable
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.