Skills: Paramedic / Nurse
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Industrial Hygienist with extensive experience in the health and safety consulting community. As a member of Wood's IH consulting team, you will be responsible for assisting clients with federal, state, and local IH requirements. You will be actively involved in leading efforts to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and control chemical, physical, and biological hazards and recommending actions to reduce exposures.
Essential Duties & Tasks:
- Conducting building inspections to identify hazardous materials such as asbestos, lead-based paint, polychlorinated biphenyl (PCBs), etc.
- Performing indoor air quality studies (IAQ) to assist clients in identifying and correcting potential air quality concerns within their buildings
- Assessing building environments for mold and moisture intrusion issues
- Supporting clients to evaluate and control employee exposures to hazardous chemicals, physical or biological agents at client sites
- Performing inspection and audits at client facilities to identify potential OSHA compliance issues and developing reports to assist clients with appropriate remediation action
- Providing support for client environmental and industrial hygiene training programs and activities
- Managing the work of subordinate employees and contractors which includes scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, coaching, and mentoring
- Reviewing environmental and industrial hygiene reports that propose corrective measures and compliance with OSHA and EPA standards
- Assessing and/or developing client health and safety programs such as lockout tag out (LOTO), confined space entry, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, etc.
- Respond to and support emergency response activities by providing technical support on chemical, physical, and biological hazards
- Ability to wear a respirator and protective clothing, climb a ladder, and lift/carry up to 40 pounds, occasionally
Skills / Qualifications
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or related discipline, and five to ten years of experience
- Experience in conducting Industrial hygiene and/or safety inspections, audits, and investigations
- Licenses/accredited training for asbestos and lead-based paint inspections
- Experience writing and reviewing EHS reports and making corrective action recommendations
- OSHA 30 or 40 Hour trained
- Previous experience in an EHS consulting organization and selling of EHS services preferred
- Experience measuring compliance, auditing, and reporting results
- Experience in the development and implementation of a comprehensive EHS program
- Ability to effectively convey technical information to non-technical individuals in a meaningful manner
- Ability to travel to client locations as required
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent skill in analyzing complex situations and problems and exercising sound judgment
- Superior verbal/written communication, customer service, and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Research and accurately reference standards and guidelines (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ACGIH, ASHRAE, CDC)
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.