Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Skills: Project Management, Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Wood is seeking a Senior Environmental Assessment Practitioner, Project Manager to join our Canadian Resilient Environments. As a senior practitioner, you will be an integral part of our team and will actively participate as an advisor and mentor with multi-disciplinary regional and national teams, leading a variety of environmental impact assessment and permitting projects. Work location is flexible within Nova Scotia.
Starting your career at Wood
Our business is evolving at an incredible pace creating awesome career opportunities for those taking the next step in their career journey. We constantly embrace change and never stand still; as a result, we are on the search for our next generation of brilliant employees.
At Wood, your career journey will be one of learning, discovery, and development. You will drive your own career, get involved in the action from the word go, take on complex challenges and share innovative ways of working. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact with an organization that truly cares about industry challenges and to making a difference in the communities in which we operate.
Wood is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and inclusive working environment. We recognize that each of us has many different diverse traits which shape our view of the world, our perspective, and our approach.
- Provide technical expertise on a variety of permitting, regulatory and environmental impact assessment tasks in support of client projects.
- Project management:
- Manage multidisciplinary impact assessments and other consulting projects.
- Collaborate with technical leads on the development of work plans for projects.
- Provide direction on all project components and supervise the work of junior and intermediate team members.
- Manage project forecasts, budgets, schedules, costing, and changes to ensure projects are delivered on target.
- Work on multiple projects, to support execution of scope/budget/schedule to meet client's expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support engagement activities with Indigenous groups, communities, and stakeholders as part of the project design and permitting process.
- Execute activities such as permit application scoping, application information requirements, technical writing, data and regulatory research and review, collection, and integration of input from Wood's subject matter experts, environmental management plans, delegating GIS, data compilation and desk-top publishing assignments to support permit applications, and development of recommendations for clients.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other Wood employees worldwide.
- Support typical project assignments which include researching regulatory or technical requirements, and writing reports and proposals
- Leading environmental impact assessments
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Sciences, Environmental Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of experience, including prior experience in federal and provincial environmental impact assessments
- 5+ years Project management experience, with demonstrated strong project management skills (e.g., development of work plans, budgets, schedules, and project controls) in a client-facing role
- Expertise with Federal, Provincial and Territorial regulations and guidelines (NS and IAAC)
- Experience with community and stakeholder engagement
- Excellent communication, time management skills
- Ability to function in a team setting, accept responsibility, and work to deadlines
- Valid driver's license with a clean driver abstract
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.