Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as an HES Technician in Carlsbad, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The HES Environmental Technician performs environmental compliance work under the direction of HES Environmental Supervisor and HES Manager. HES Technicians are responsible for conducting inspections and record keeping to verify that all equipment and processes meet Company and regulatory requirements and verify that employees are following requirements.
This role is focused in Air Quality. Candidates MUST HAVE quantified experience with Environmental Air Quality processes, techniques, equipment and testing.
- Under direction of Env Professional, Conducts IR camera surveys for compliance with NSPS OOOOa; records IR data as required, and maintains IR equipment.
- Conducts AVO monitoring for compliance with NSPS OOOOa.
- Completes onsite follow-up in response to IR camera flyover surveys.
- Conduct Method 22 and Method 9 monitoring as required for NSPS OOOOa and New Mexico air permitting compliance.
- Conduct annual SPCC inspections including, measuring of berms and checks for location integrity. Works with operations personnel to implement necessary corrective actions.
- Populates and maintains relevant data base with results of surveys.
- Supports New Mexico 811 program as necessary for compliance • Works with Field Leadership regarding environmental compliance requirements and coaches them on their specific responsibilities.
- Collects soil samples for spill clean-up activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- MUST be Certified in Optical Gas Imaging Thermographer, (FLIR)
- Method 9 Visible Emission (VE) Certification preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate or Four Year Degree Preferred.
- Travel within assigned field area
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
nts will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.