Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Various, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an EIA Consultant / Senior Consultant to be based in either our London or Reading office. The successful applicant will make a significant contribution to our reputable and successful team delivering Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) for a wide range of high-profile major projects across a variety of sectors including nuclear, renewables, urban regeneration, grid connection and transport related projects.
You will join a dynamic, enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging, but fulfilling working environment.
Building on a strong academic background and experience in the field of EIA/Environmental Planning, you will be responsible for providing support to the Environmental Assessment team in terms of managing and delivering environmental consultancy services to a full range of clients. You will assist in coordinating and providing technical input into Environmental Impact Assessments, as well as undertaking broader environmental management tasks for a variety of projects.
- Undertake research and keep up-to-date with the latest developments in EIA and infrastructure planning
- Support a wide range of project management activities (including risk management, quality assurance and financial tracking)
- Coordinate the delivery of EIAs (including Screening Requests, Scoping Reports, Preliminary Environmental Information Reports and Environmental Statements) for a variety of projects. This will include writing chapters and reviewing other technical contributions (e.g. the Ecology, Air Quality Chapter, etc.)
- Coordinate and write high quality proposals and support the EIA team in winning work
- Develop, motivate and mentor junior staff (in the EIA Team) to reach their full potential.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Relevant post graduate experience, working in a similar position within the UK or a jurisdiction with a comparable environmental planning system
- A sound understanding of relevant UK environmental legislation, particularly in the field of EIA
- An ability to communicate clearly both verbally and through written work with a high level of computer literacy
- Attention to detail, as well as a commitment to delivery of high quality and timely outputs
- A desire to work as team player in a constructive team environment, combined with an ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with clients and internal and external project stakeholders
- Experience (or an interest) in assisting in the undertaking of specialist environmental surveys (for example ecology surveys, noise surveys or air quality monitoring) on an ad hoc basis
- Aspirations in progressing to eventually fulfil a project management role and Full/Chartered membership of IEMA
- Willingness to travel to client locations across the UK and, if necessary, internationally
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety excellence
- Development Consent Order (DCO) experience and familiarity with the Planning Act 2008
- Practical knowledge of some (or all) of the technical disciplines required for an EIA
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental discipline with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
- Postgraduate qualification in environmental science / planning or a related field
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or another professional association.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.