Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is looking for a Intermediate to Senior Buyers to join our Mining & Minerals business at our Oakville, ON office. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the buyer will perform purchasing tasks in accordance with standard techniques, procedures and criteria within assigned areas of responsibility. The successful candidate will be responsible for purchasing goods, but may be called upon to perform other procurement discipline tasks such as office expediting and initiate written liability statements in case of suppliers' failure to meet contractual delivery dates.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Maintain knowledge of various commodities, available manufacturers and sources
- Develop a project bidders list
- Track purchasing discipline documents from engineering pre-commitment phases through purchase order issuance
- Prepare and issue Requests for Quotation (RFQ)
- Evaluate quotations and prepare bid evaluations for project approval
- Condition supplier bids and negotiate with suppliers'
- Confirm bid tab value against the estimate
- Prepare, issue and administer purchase orders and change orders
- Verify invoice progress payments, discrepancies and final payment with accounting
- Negotiate back charges for final settlement
- Close out purchase order files
- Complete supplier performance evaluation
- Update various reports
Skills / Qualifications
- 5-10 years' of purchasing experience within EPC/EPCM projects; preferably with mining industry experience
- Technical college diploma and / or university degree
- SCMP designation or equivalent preferred
- Require highly effective skills in organization, planning and communication and the ability to work in a team environment
- Detail and goal-oriented
- Strong business computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are mandatory
- Experience working in an engineering consulting environment is preferred
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office applications, SharePoint, Electronic Project Management Systems, including data base manipulation
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.