Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Renewables team is currently recruiting for a Senior Renewable Energy Consultant. The right candidate will join the Wind Advisory team, based predominantly in Glasgow.
The purpose of the role is to undertake specific tasks relating to delivery of various due diligence assignments, at the direction of/under the supervision of the project managers and/or team leaders.
- Assess renewable energy projects on behalf of lenders, investors and other project stakeholders.
- Manage multi-discipline teams of engineers (and other technical staff) in the completion of due diligence assignments for exacting clients.
- In the role of project manager:
- Act as main interface and manage the relationship with clients.
- Manage the financial performance of projects managed.
- Deliver tasks on time, to budget and to the required standard.
- Attend client meetings and undertake site visits within the UK and globally.
- Represent the company at conferences and seminars in order to enhance personal knowledge and/or establish business development leads..
- Follow up on leads to generate fresh work.
- Assist graduate engineers and less experienced team members.
- Ensure continuing professional development.
Skills / Qualifications
- Understanding of technical aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, aural)
- Demonstrably strong report writing skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Understanding of commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects (including project finance)
- Understanding of categorisation and mitigation of risk
- Ability to speak a second language
- Driving licence
- Experience in conducting technical due diligence on infrastructure projects or in a team on an infrastructure project or supply chain (commercial management, contract negotiation, contract management, permitting, procurement)
- Project and/or team management experience
- Experience in the development, construction and operation of onshore or offshore wind energy projects
- Experience working offshore or working at heights
- Awareness of financial analysis/modelling
- Educated to degree level in engineering, law, finance or another subject complementary to working in due diligence.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.