Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for Principal Structural Designers (Offshore) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry specifically into offshore.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility of engineering of the assigned structures / foundation
- Modelling as per inputs and extracting / checking of General Arrangement & Detail Drawings
- Reporting to Lead Structural Designer / Lead Structural Engineer
- Coordination with other disciplines & project
- Meeting the project schedules on submissions of Structural deliverables
- Ensuring all deliverables are comply with quality as per Wood / Client specifications & standards
- Interpretation of vendor drawings / other discipline drawings for Civil & structural deliverables requirements
Skills / Qualifications
Technical / Domain Related Skills:
1. Must have exposure to modelling in any one of following:
- Offshore Structures like Jacket/Top sides/FPSO structures
- Structures like Pipe rack / Pipe bridges & Process structures / Equipment support structures
- Equipment foundation such as Heat Exchanger, Vertical & Horizontal vessels / drum, Columns / Tower, Compressor & pumps
- Pump Houses / Lift station and Tank farm
- Control room & Substation buildings
- Roads & Paving, Storm water drains, OWS, CRWS, Cooling & fire water system
2. Experience in production of deliverables such as General arrangement drawings for Civil & steel works, RC Detail drawings, Steel connection detail drawing, Review of Fabrication drawings, UG service lay outs & Isometric.
3. Working experience in using Indian and any one of British or American standards for Civil & structural works on structural steel section & RC detailing is added advantage.
4. Candidate must have good health condition meeting UK offshore health certificate norms for offshore travel and may required to undergo Offshore safety trainings like BOSIET, Travel Safety by Boat and Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS)
5. Fabrication and Installation Experience related to offshore structures after completion of home office engineering will be added advantage
- Specialist Designer in 3D Modelling & Detailing of Civil & Structural works
- Must have worked in PDMS / E3D software in 3D Modelling and in AutoCAD / Microstation 2D Drafting
- Experience in at least one Oil & Gas project in Structural Brown field modifications
- Must have sound technical knowledge in Structural
- Hands on experience on model review / Clash check in Navis / SPR / PDMS platform
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.