Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is looking for a Permit to Work Coordinator reporting to our Lead PTW Coordinator who aspires to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2021 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Mono-hydrate from a 2 train processing plant with a forecast 40,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 will see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum. The plant is to be constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
You will form a key part of the site construction team to ensure the establishment and implementation of an effective team / systems and ensure short term and long-term activities are well planned and implemented. Your main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Implementation and day to day operation of the project Permit to Work system for all construction activities
- Facilitation of permit meetings; ensuring all permits are completed and issued with required supporting documentation; tracking of permits from creation to close out
- Maintaining applicable hard and soft copy records and managing the permit log; and overseeing all other activities relating to PTW's
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with the applicable project and company procedures
- Supporting zero harm through following procedures and living the safety culture
Skills / Qualifications
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience of the implementation and use of PTW systems in the Australian Construction industry
- Ability to demonstrate an electrical or mechanical background and an understanding of the issues that can present themselves in an active construction site and appropriate mitigation actions as appropriate to a permit to work system
- Current Confined Space and Working at Heights tickets
- Trainer Assessor (optional)
- WHS (optional)
- Authorised Gas Tester
- Excellent communication skills to implement, drive and coordinate the PTW process
- Minimium 7 + years' experience
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, company procurement, material and logistical systems
- Ability to identify risks and work safely.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.