Skills: Construction Manager, Mining
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is seeking Construction Managers for our Mining and Minerals consulting and EPCM projects in our Vancouver, BC office in Canada.
This is a strategic role, that will be filled contingent on award of project, and has overall responsibility for proactively managing all daily maintenance activities and ensuring activities are executed in accordance with the schedule, as this role will play an integral part in the construction, construction support, and of all phases of commissioning for a successful plant start-up. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Responsible for development of the construction strategy and execution plan
- Responsible for Construction Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS) and Work Packages and provide input into Procurement and Contracting Work Packages
- Developing and maintaining, in conjunction with the Planner/Scheduler, the construction schedule
- Providing support to engineering designs with respect to constructability and schedule
- Coordinating engineering requirements between site and engineering offices and ensuring strong interaction within the civil, structural, electrical and process departments.
- Assisting the contractors with clarification, interpretation, interference resolution and QA/QC related matters
- Responding to and processing contractor's requests for information (RFIs)
- Reviewing and approving QA/QC non conformance reports (NCRs)
- Ensure instructions, drawings and specifications for scope changes are issued in a timely manner
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly and is delivered to customer's expectations
- Proactively working with contractors to ensure project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives are being achieved.
- Monitoring construction activities with respect to performance, procedure, and quality.
- Submitting weekly progress reports outlining items of concern such as safety observations, non-conformance with specifications and drawings, equipment and weather delays, congestion, workmanship, quality control and potential contract
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering technologist diploma or graduate degree in related field is considered an asset
- At least 15-20 years of experience in construction management with mining or heavy industrial projects including at least 10 years increasing responsibility as a construction manager along with a focus on underground mines
- AutoCAD and/or 3D design/drafting software capabilities is considered an asset
- Willingness to travel to both domestically and internationally, for varying durations to a remote location
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.