Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Join Wood, a world leading engineering and consultancy company across energy & the built environment. We are hiring a Senior Quality Specialist based in any of our Ontario offices with the flexibility to work remotely. This role will lead, and monitor the day-to-day application of Wood's ISO 9001:2015 registered Quality Management System in Ontario.
- Liaise between the project and client for all quality-related matters across a variety of sectors
- Participate in project and corporate meetings related to Quality Management
- Prepare, maintain and implement project Quality Management plans and all associated quality-related documentation
- Ensure that all applicable plans (e.g. Quality Control Plans/Inspection Test Plans) are implemented for all suppliers and sub-contractors
- Prepare, conduct and report on internal and subcontractor/supplier audits
- Support the review and documentation of the subcontractor/supplier evaluation processes
- Develop, implement, and track both project and corporate level objectives and KPIs
- Ensure quality risks at both the project and corporate level are managed
- Recommend, develop, maintain, verify, and close non conformances and corrective actions to mitigate risks
- Identify and report out any continuous improvement items or lessons learned
- Consistently collect, communicate, report and track client satisfaction
- Provide Quality training and oversight to ensure that tools and knowledge required to execute work in relation to quality are understood and implemented
Skills / Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant field and/or 10 plus years of Quality Management experience, including the development and implementation of Management Systems from the Consulting, Engineering and/or Construction industries
- Experience with vendor and engineering documents
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor certification from a registered body
- Experience with creating, implementing, and revising Quality Management Plans and associated documentation
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and update inconsistencies in documentation
- Experience working, communicating, and reporting with both clients and management in a project and corporate setting
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with MS Applications (including VISO), Team, SharePoint, Blue Beam and ProjectWise
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.