Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Wood) is currently recruiting for a Senior Environmental Project Manager with extensive experience in permitting and compliance to join our team of skilled permitting and compliance specialists in the Chantilly, Virginia office. The selected candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience and will be able to effectively develop and manage project work across sectors such as energy, manufacturing, technology and Federal and local government and build on our existing client base. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a Seller/Doer. Candidates should have a history of executing and managing large environmental projects for key clients and generating work for themselves and others. Typical projects include compliance auditing, environmental permitting, EHS training, compliance planning and reporting, and due diligence. Candidates should be self-motivated, have experience with managing a team and a strong customer focus.
The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills including a strong technical understanding of their primary area of practice and experience in other aspects of environmental consulting, including business development and business management interests, and demonstrated relationship-building abilities. This strategic role has responsibility for contributing to the growth of our permitting and compliance business across the Wood organization with focus on Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia (DC). The candidate may work remotely with occasional requirements to travel to the office or client sites.
- Experience delivering projects up to $1,000,000 with d emonstrated professional judgment, consistency, attention to detail, and quality work products
- Ability to generate backlog for themselves and others.
- Act as primary contact with clients, generate momentum sales and identify and pursue new business targets.
- Coordinate project resourcing with Department Managers
- Maintain cost awareness by all project personnel throughout all phases of project execution and deliver the profit as-bid
- Prepare for and participate in periodic Project Reviews with senior management to evaluate and report on project performance and forecasting
- Lead proposal development efforts
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff on environmental projects
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
Skills / Qualifications
- Recognized degree or equivalent experience or qualification in a relevant branch of engineering or environmental science?
- Minimum 10 years' practical experience in environmental permitting and compliance
- At least 5 years' of project management experience
- Knowledgeable of environmental policies and regulations in Virginia, Maryland and DC
- Established client relationships and desire to grow network
- Demonstrated ability to manage, interface and communicate well at all levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge and compliance expertise
- Strong personal safety culture
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.