Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Rocky Hill, Connecticut, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions Inc. (Wood) North Atlantic Area Office is seeking an Environmental Scientist with two to five years of relevant experience to support environmental assessment and remediation projects including work plan development, field operations, report preparation and overall project delivery. The North Atlantic Area Office with locations in Portland Maine, Rocky Hill Connecticut, and Bayside Queens New York is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 140+ staff that offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the Northeast and US.
Why join our Team? We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find and execute solutions for our diverse customer base. Our knowledgeable and skilled Environmental Scientists, Hydrogeologists/Geologists, Architects, Engineers, and Data Visualization Specialists are what make us known in the Industry and drive our recognition for delivering high quality and technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. With an international footprint and global brand recognition, our employees have the opportunity to work on complex and diverse projects. Our team takes pride in maintaining a family-like environment, while also having the structure, resources and opportunities of a highly respected international organization. We are looking to grow our Northeast Regional team to support our current workload and to advance Wood's strategic planning goals - please consider joining us!
Skills / Qualifications
- Complete small to medium scale environmental assessments and ESA reports.
- Task Leader for contractor oversight and sampling (surface water, groundwater, soil) projects.
- Work in a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Communicate with clients or on-site personnel effectively and professionally.
- Assist and coordinate with subcontractors, sub-consultants, and other regional Wood Offices.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S in environmental engineering or geology or other related field such as environmental science or natural resources.
- Experience in the following preferred: Remedial site investigations, Phase I ESAs, and remedial construction oversight.
- Experience developing conceptual site models and conducting aquifer modeling a plus
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong technical writing and communications skills with staff, management, clients and regulators.
- OSHA 40-hour Hazwoper certification is a plus.
- An ideal candidate would be a self-starter, open to learn, adaptable to change, have a strong work ethic and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities.
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours and overtime as needed.
- Ability to apply analytical / scientific thinking to define and solve problems.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a willingness to follow detailed instructions and learn new skills.
- Regulatory experience in Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, or New York is a plus.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The position requires work at project sites, around construction equipment, drilling rigs, and environmental contamination.
- Overtime and overnight stays may be required, as needed.
- Will be required to follow all health and safety procedures associated with work environment .
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions, including heat and cold.
- Ability to remain on feet for extended periods of time either stationary or walking.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.