Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting a Cost Engineer to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a five - year period with a possible two - year extension. Amec Foster Wheeler has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
Successful applicants will be responsible for estimating the cost of projects including multiple 'Brown Field' modifications. This role will be working closely with and supporting the Senior Commercial Administrator and reference should also be made to the individual responsibilities in health, safety, environmental and quality (SHEQ) matters detailed for this position within the Oil and Gas SHEQ Manual.
- Provide Cost Engineering service to the contract with responsibility for the accurate Cost Reporting of complete projects or individual elements within major projects
- Expenditure Analysis / Reporting
- Preparation and maintenance of project cost control structures
- Monitor and report costs against Project Target Cost Estimates (TCEs)
- Allocate costs to appropriate Cost Centers
- Prepare project cost reports, Value of Work Done & monthly budget forecasts
- Prepare project cost reconciliations (project escalations, variations)
- Validation and approval of subcontractor invoices
- Manage & Operate Brownfield Management Suite Systems
- Meetings, Reports & Communication
- Contribute to the Monthly Cost Forecasting Meeting
- Contribute to the Contract Commercial Meeting
- Liaise with personnel at all levels within the Contract Services Team and within discrete Projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or HNC / HND preferred, ideally in an engineering discipline or where strong cost and commercial skills are included
- A proven cost engineering experience within Petrochemical or similar industries
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A pro - active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Excellent communication skills
- Self - motivated, energetic, and tenacious
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.