Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Warren, Michigan, United States
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for an Application Developer in Warren, MI. with the ability to d esign, develop, test, and document software functionality following core principles, practices, processes for the Automotive industry.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a strong collaborative senior team, to gain experience working directly with customers, to define and understand the requirements of the projects. As a member of the team, you will receive training, and learn how to handle commissioning responsibilities, and play a key role in the growth of this business . For individuals with a strong IT background and interest, there is an opportunity to develop strong skills integrating controls systems with computer systems. This position will report to the CIM Supervisor.
- Designing, developing, testing, documenting and supporting new functionality and existing functionality following core principles, practices, processes and architectural standards of the organisation
- Writing well designed, testable, and clean code
- Contributing in all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Resolving technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
Skills / Qualifications
- Working experience of SQL and Entity Framework
- Proven track record of full life-cycle development, including requirement gathering and analysis, design, implementation, deployment, testing and maintenance with strong problem-solving skills
- Automated Testing including Unit, Integration and Acceptance Tests
- Experience with Agile development
- Solid Understanding of design patterns and Object-Oriented programming
- Familiarity with version control with Git
- Experience of working in an engineering environment
- Understanding of usability issues and experience on user interface design
- Working experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular, Vue.js or React
- Classic ASP
- Operating systems including Windows, Linux and Android
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.