Skills: Laborer, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Seminole, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Working Craft Foremen with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry for a project in Seminole, TX.
Supervises and coordinates the activity of workers, predominantly from one occupation craft to ensure that work is done safely, correctly and timely.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Has worked as a foreman in his/her craft.
- Combining your expertise with your supervisory skills.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Comprehend blueprints, sketches and plans.
- Plan work and activities.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Accurately apply mathematical skills.
- Compare and see differences in size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Reading and writing skills.
- Recognize and report safety hazards.
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds.
- Work at heights without fear.
- See well (naturally or with correction) and distinguish colors.
TECHNICAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Works with and instructs Forman on work activities.
- Interprets written and/or oral orders, sketches and blueprints to coordinate activities of assigned workers, materials, equipment and tools.
- Inspects quality of all work to ensure company standards and project specifications are met.
- Assists workers in their performance of assigned duties.
- Analyzes and resolves work related problems.
- Reviews material received at jobsite to ensure it is correct and not defective.
- Checks equipment to ensure proper working conditions.
- Maintains time and tracks production.
- Interprets and enforces company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations company policy to employees.
- May study schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job.
- May make cost estimates for contracts.
- Establishes and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees.
- Be motivated and work safely and productively.
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has hands on experience as a Working Craft Foreman.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.