Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a Senior Environmental Approvals Consultant - Closure to join our dynamic mining environmental approvals team based out of our new Oakville office. Our team provides conceptual design and environmental permitting solutions for our mining clients, particularly at the mine development stage.
Ideal candidates will have 15+ years of related experience, and a proven ability to work in a team environment, responding effectively to client's needs. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right person, leading to taking the place of one of our industry leaders as part of Wood's succession planning.
- As part of a highly skilled permitting team, provide technical and regulatory support to mining projects, working collaboratively with our in-house experts in hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, aquatic resources and engineering
- Develop closure planning approaches to help ensure regulatory success for our mining clients, and provide closure design support
- Support impact assessment / environmental approval processes, particulary with respect to mine design aspects
- Liaise with clients, multi-disciplinary design teams and regulators
- Manage environmental consulting projects utilizing Wood's project management systems
- Produce high quality project documents adhering to Wood's requirements for quality, as well as our client's budget and schedule expectations
- Review technical reports to support regulatory applications
- Mentor, coach and train less experienced professionals as required, encouraging growth and success within the team
Skills / Qualifications
- Exceptional communicator (both written and verbal) in English
- Minimum of a bachelor's decree in a related discipline from a recognized university with progressive experience, including consulting to private sector clients
- High degree of technical competence and understanding of metal mines in northern climates
- Experienced with the Ontario and Federal regulatory regimes, and environmental approvals processes applicable to metal mining
- Self-starter who is innovative and enjoys working in a team environment
- Good business acumen and strong client management experience
- Valid Ontario driver's license and ability to travel, primarily for meetings and/or consultation events
Role commensurate with experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.