Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Process Engineer to be based out of our Philadelphia office. The process engineer will be a part of a design team that will be assigned to specific client projects in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. He/She will be responsible for production of selected process deliverables and will be communicating with other process engineers and members of the project team.
The process engineer will report to their discipline manager for administrative purposes, and to the lead process engineer and/or the project manager on specific projects.
- Produce project deliverables such as process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, material balances and process calculations, utility summaries and calculations, timelines and simulations, equipment lists, equipment data sheets and specifications, and instrument data sheets and specifications; The process engineer should also be CAD-proficient to assist in completion of process drawings
- Oversee process area or unit operation design in support of lead process engineer
- Interface with other design disciplines such as architectural, piping, building mechanical, automation, electrical, and qualification
- Interface with the project client in project meetings, as well as equipment vendors and the construction team
- Oversee the preparation of technical specifications for purchased equipment, as well as coordination with equipment suppliers and evaluation of suppliers' proposals
- In certain instances, the process engineer will be asked to follow the project into the field, providing construction, commissioning, and startup support
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in chemical or mechanical engineering, or other similar curriculums
- 0-5 years of experience in process engineering design; Preferably in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in the development and maintenance of process project deliverables
- General knowledge of system design CGMPs and applicable codes
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work within a team environment
- Willingness to travel to company, client, and vendor sites
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.