Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is seeking a Process Engineer for Biopharmaceuticals to be based out of our Philadelphia, PA office. The lead process engineer must demonstrate experience in delivering projects for typical biopharma production processes (cell therapy, gene therapy, MAb, microbial and vaccine), with experience in bulk manufacturing and fill/finish . The lead process engineer must be capable of advancing engineering designs from a feasibility study level through schematic and preliminary design to a detailed design completion.
- Participate in proposal preparation and budget development
- Work closely with the project manager to ensure scope, schedule, budget, change control, and quality parameters are met on the project
- Overseeing the preparation of technical specifications for purchased equipment, as well as coordination with equipment suppliers and evaluation of suppliers' proposals
- Coordinate technical efforts between the process team and the architectural, piping, and automation teams on the project, as well as facility teams for civil, structural, electrical, HVAC, and environmental activities
- Manage the client drivers for the project, which include capital cost, life-cycle cost, impact on current operations, quality, and schedule
- Participate in vendor coordination meetings, factory acceptance testing and integration of third-party single-use componentry.
- In certain instances, the lead process engineer will be asked to follow the project into the field, providing construction, commissioning, and startup support while leading a team of engineers
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in chemical or mechanical engineering, or pertinent degree and experience
- 5-10 years of experience in process engineering
- Focused design experience in the chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, especially in cell therapy, gene therapy, antibody, microbial or bulk vaccine processes, as well as plant and process utilities; Experience should include bulk manufacturing and/or fill/finish experience
- Experience in the development and maintenance of all process deliverables, including: process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, process timelines, utility analysis and summary, priced equipment list, equipment data sheets and specifications as well as equipment bid evaluations, process descriptions, relief calculations, safety review documents, and instrumentation/automation sequences
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical process equipment materials including polymers.
- Demonstrated understanding of interactions between Process design with MEP design efforts
- Knowledge of system design, cGMPs, and applicable codes
- Ability to collaborate with project team members and client entities, demonstrating the leadership capabilities to insure a successful project
- Demonstrated experience working with equipment vendors to provide optimum solutions to equipment design that will meet or exceed client expectations
- Capable of coordinating the process design with the piping model
- Previous experience managing, developing and encouraging growth for entry-level engineers
- Excellent written and oral skills are required
- P.E. license is not required, but preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.