Skills: Materials Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
Come join Wood as we are looking for Material handler in Odessa, TX. Wood offers full time medical benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and much more. The main function is to manually move freight, stock, or other materials.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Exhibits safe work habits to ensure a safe working environment. Complies with company safety regulations and guidelines.
- Participate in safety meetings, planning committee's and team functions.
- Perform shipping and/or receiving procedures during order fulfillment or inventory replenishment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Load and/or unload containerized and bulk materials from transport trucks, including sampling and obtaining required approval.
- Stage drums and totes for loading and shipping.
- Apply spill containment and clean up methods when required.
- Ensure that all vendors/contractors adhere to plant safety policies.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform daily forklift operations and inspections.
- Loads, unload, and stores finished products, raw materials, supplies, and containers
- Stages batches for production and shipping
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED
- Must be willing to work various shifts
- Able to operate a computer device, either handheld or forklift mounted
- Must have the ability to wear fall protection if necessary
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Have the ability to bend, squat down, and reach above your head,
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Forklift certified
- Some college education or working toward a degree
- Previous manufacturing plant experience
- Previous warehouse experience
- Proficiency in SAP use
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.