Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Waste Management, Well Servicing & Testing
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Butte, Montana, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Water Treatment Operations Specialist to join our team in Butte, MT.
Would you like to be part of helping to improve the water quality for Butte, MT? Do you enjoy computer work and maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical pumping and filtration systems? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental firm that values its employees' enthusiasm and contributions? We encourage you to apply to join our team of friendly, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
A water treatment background is desirable, but we will consider individuals who show an interest in learning about working with water treatment equipment and process control.
Key Responsibilities :
- Will utilize computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word. Will query water quality data, produce internal process and regulatory reports, and perform data review and quality control. Will develop data trend graphs and charts. These requests often are to fulfill short-notice client requests.
- Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, will be part of an operations team responsible for the overall repair, water sampling and maintenance of water treatment operations
- Will operate, maintain, monitor, and perform repairs to all water treatment facility process equipment, including pumps, motors, blowers, air compressors, chemical feed systems and basic laboratory equipment to ensure that treated water meets discharge quality standards
- When properly trained, will make treatment and operational changes to the water treatment process to meet water quality discharge standards in coordination with the Operations Manager and Project Manager.
- Will assist the Operations Manager with maintaining equipment maintenance schedules, operations staff schedule, operations performance data reporting, coordination with equipment and supply vendors, ordering supplies, and data requests.
- Will assist the Operations Manager to resolve unforeseen site conditions, unplanned interferences, and other plant operations problems.
- Will assist the Operations Manager to provide guidance and direction, as needed, to operations and maintenance staff.
- Will manage plant operations and maintenance activities when the Operations Manager is unavailable.
- Will perform onsite routine water testing analyses, such as pH, alkalinity, titrations, and turbidity.
- Will routinely prepare and submit water samples and chain of custody documents to certified testing laboratories for analysis and reporting to meet required quality standards
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- This individual will primarily work a Monday through Friday day schedule and will occasionally be required to work morning, evening, holiday, overnight and weekend shifts.
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED; college environmental science study or degree is a plus
- Must have exceptional computer skills, using software applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word. Position will require data querying, reporting, and QC, as well as generation of data trend graphs and charts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaboratively manage staff
- Experience in water or wastewater treatment operation is a plus
- Montana Department of Environmental Quality Class 1D Industrial Wastewater certification is desired, but not required.
- Self-starter with management skills and the ability to follow through on multiple tasks and tight schedules
- Knowledge of use of common maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants
- Ability to communicate, read and write clearly in English
- Ability to evaluate and interpret drawings and technical reports from a variety of sources
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Physical Demands :
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee regularly is required to climb or balance; and talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors; Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties
- Work may involve standing and walking on uneven surfaces or unstable ground
- Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, hardhats, or other personal protective equipment (PPE) are common
- Willingness, as required, to work morning, evening, holiday and weekend shifts
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.