Rustenburg, North West, South Africa
Rustenburg, North West, South Africa
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rustenburg, North West, South Africa
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a SMPP Supervisor a Mining & Minerals project site in Rustenburg.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Responsible for the structural, mechanical, platework and piping areas on the construction site.
- Review SMPP contractors QA and QMS manuals, plans and procedures for compliance with national codes and standards (for SMPP disciplines)
- Ensure that structural, mechanical, platework and piping construction activities are conducted in accordance with procedures and set standards
- Monitor/audit contractors to ensure prescribed quality and safety requirements are met/maintained
- Resolve all matters associated with quality and safety which may affect the project
- Prepare construction specific procedures and work instructions as required
- Establish a Quality Control policy to provide documentary evidence of the quality attained on the project
- Witness, inspection and surveillance checks in accordance with the Quality Control Plan and the requirements of the Quality Manager
- Ensuring that all Quality Control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available and area released in accordance with contractors Quality Control Plan
- Attend contractor progress meetings in order to provide detailed reports and interface between client and Direct Field Labour crews
- Co-ordinating/ communicating various issues among the client/ consultants that affect the structural, mechanical, platework and piping engineering design, safety, and regulatory compliance of the work
- Evaluate/ comment on work performed by the company and any sub-contractors to ensure that the work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, and regulatory requirements
- Includes review of structural, mechanical, platework and piping design drawings and documents
- Generate structural, mechanical, platework and piping engineering queries from the company as well as technical information requests
- Participate in kick off meetings and progress meetings with support sub-contractors and construction crews
- Ensuring implementation of established procedures
- Expediting with material control function material delivery, distribution and availability in accordance with planned activities
- Execution of any legal instruction given to me by a Manager
Skills / Qualifications
- National Diploma in Mechanical and/or Structural Disciplines
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in construction, within the mining/minerals processing environment.
- Experience in providing construction input into projects within an EPCM environment.
- Working experience of the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996
- Ability to travel locally and/or internationally as and when required.
- Previous experience working in a mining environment
- Experience working on a project governed by the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996.
- Ability to communicate verbally in a clear and convincing manner.
- Ability to express self clearly in written communication.
- Clear logical thinker.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and keep in balance multiple priorities/demands
- Good attention to detail and ability to break down complex information into simple, easy to understand language.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness . and networking ability.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.