Skills: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Superintendent at St Fergus Gas Terminal on a permanent basis.
- Ensure pipelines and Gas Plant are operated and maintained in a safe, secure and efficient manner, whilst maximising operational efficiency, all in accordance with Government Regulations and Wood Company, corporate and site specific procedures and that all activities comply with applicable Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Control pipeline and Gas Plant operating costs in line with budgetary requirements, including budget responsible ownership (BRO) for operations, whilst ensuring that all Gas Plant product specifications are met. This includes co-ordination with other groups on product allocation including Gas co-ordinators.
- Direct departmental Safety, Health and Environmental responsibilities through compliance with SAGE Gas Plant Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Manage any emergency situation that may arise at the Gas Plant in conjunction with Company Emergency Response Procedures, including participation in emergency response training and acting as duty manager on a rotational basis.
- Deputise, as appropriate, for the SAGE Plant manager position.
- Provide strong safety leadership at SAGE gas plant by fully championing Wood lifesaving rules and safety shield principles.
- Review and management of Permit to work and Safe system of work controls including work packs at daily coordination meeting.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all training and competency requirements and provide development opportunities for staff in accordance with the organisation's requirements and individual capability and competence.
- Attendance at company, Client, Joint venture partners, shippers, subcontractor, vendor and supplier meetings as appropriate, whilst maintaining positive community links where appropriate with key stakeholders.
- Ensures effective liaison with Wood Hub Engineering Department based in Aberdeen and pipelines team based in Glasgow, whilst providing input into Engineering modifications and/or construction and pipeline related scopes, including work pack review and acceptance. Conduct periodic visits to Wood offices in Aberdeen to manage these interfaces.
- Recognise, support and deliver Management of change (admin, organisation and technical) at SAGE.
Skills / Qualifications
- Solid experience in a similar role
- Supervisory experience
- Engineering Qualification (Chemical or Process preferred)
- This position in the future may transition to include aspects of project management for any upcoming project, construction or engineering based activities at site.
- This position is subject to statutory CPNI checks.
- Successful candidate should ideally reside within 30 mile radius of SAGE Gas plant.
- Normal work pattern is Monday to Friday, with direct line management and accountability for the rostered Operations shift teams
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.