Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mongomo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for a Maths & Science Instructor with extensive hands on experience within the oil & gas, refinery or petrochemical industries to join our Team in Equatorial Guinea.
The position is located in Mongomo, Equatorial Guinea, working on a rotational basis of 6 weeks on / 6 week off.
The duration of the program is until August 2021.
The Maths & Science Instructor provides content area instruction and manages the classroom including lesson plan preparation time and an after-school meeting. Lesson plans will be developed and delivered after assessing the strengths, challenges, and opportunities of each student using student-assessment methods as prescribed by overall training program. Instructor will be teaching math & science subjects to classes of approximately 25 individuals.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students and the program
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, local Management and other professionals on a regular basis
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics or General Science Discipline
- A number of years hands on process experience in a refinery, chemical, petrochemical, or oil and gas facility
- Understanding of Offshore Platform Operations
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, Environmental Issues realted to the Oil & Gas Industry
Principles and Methodology of Education
- Classroom Instruction Experience
INTER PERSONAL SKILLS:
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to speak Spanish is an advantage
- Posess strong oral and written communciations skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to strive for excellence, attention to detail and concern for effectiveness
- Flexibility, adapts quickly to changes
- Works independently with little direct supervision
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academy goals
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.