Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile, Lima, Peru and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Resource Geologist. Reporting to the Consulting Manager, Canada, this position is located in Vancouver, BC. This role has responsibility for geological models, resource and reserve estimates and preparation of technical reports for various complex projects throughout North America and around the world. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Executing and providing guidance to our resource geologists and engineers in the matters of resource estimation; including, geological data quality assurance, geological modeling, geostatistics, mineral resource classification, production geology, resource reconciliation and resource risks and opportunities
- Performing geological and mineral resource/reserves reviews audits and due diligence assessments to maximize value for our clients
- Ensuring compliance of resource estimates with international professional standards and government regulations for public disclosures by working with Wood Technical Directors and regulatory compliance specialists
- Training and mentoring of staff in Resource Estimation Methodology
- Assisting in the identification and recruitment of high-quality staff in order to grow and expand the technical capabilities of the group
- Actively supporting business development activities through participation in conferences, direct business development activities and strategic client relationship management
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Geology, Geostatistics, Geological or Mining Engineering or mining-related field.
- Registered or ability to register with Engineering and Geoscience British Columbia.
- More than 15 years of experience of increasing responsibility in conducting exploration and evaluation programs, drill programs, geologic interpretation and modeling and resource and reserve estimation
- Industry recognition as an expert in geology and resource estimation
- A well-established client network in British Columbia and globally
- Experience in the 3D modeling and grade estimation of a variety of mineral deposits
- Familiarity with various geological modeling and resource estimation software packages, such as Leapfrog, MineSight, Vulcan, and Datamine
- Knowledge of industry standards in mineral resource and mineral reserve estimation including CIM, JORC, CRISCO or SME guidelines and compliance with public disclosure regulations including Canada's NI 43-101
- A willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Fluent and effective spoken and written English. Spanish would be advantageous but not a requirement.
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.