Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Seal Sands, United Kingdom
Job title: Welder
Ref No: 79927
Project: Ineos Nitriles
Duration: 2 weeks
Start: January 2021
Wood is looking for Welders with experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical industry.
If you feel that your qualifications and qualities fit the role below please apply.
Purpose / Role
• To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent plating construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
• To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
• To ensure all that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
Prime responsibilities and duties
• Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the plating/structural workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
• Follow the schedule communicated by the supervisor.
• Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
• Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
• Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
Skills / Qualifications
• 4 Year Appreticeship or Level 2 NVQ equivalent.
• City and Guilds (C&G) Steelwork / Shipbuilding Craft and / or NVQ Level 3 in related trade.
• CCNSG safety passport.
• Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
• Abrasive Wheels.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.