Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: New Plymouth, New Zealand
Wood is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager on a permanent basis located in our New Plymouth office. This position will provide strong management and leadership of the Accounting and Finance function for the Wood Training business and ensure that the financial controls, systems, budgets, reports, policies, and procedures are cost efficient, effective and robust, in order to safeguard the company's assets.
Great opportunity to be a member of the Leadership Team taking an active part in achieving the company's strategic direction and objectives.
- Preparation and review of the monthly management reports including variance analysis to ensure the Management has all the necessary information to fully understand the financial performance of the business
- Preparation and submission of the monthly reporting pack ensuring the strict reporting deadlines are met. Presentation of the financial information to regional management on a monthly basis
- Production of the statutory financial statements for external review (for the purpose of NZQA) and company income tax returns
- Managing direct reports, setting their goals and monitoring progress to ensure their skills are fully utilised
- Ensuring the company meets contract requirements and financial reporting requirements according to the statutory rules and organizational standards
- Show commitment to continuous learning through ongoing professional development both in your own discipline and as an educator
- Be involved with the application and ongoing development of procedures from the Quality Management System in all aspects of training
Skills / Qualifications
- CA qualified or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in financial leadership and management
- Working knowledge of best practice in Finance and Accounting systems
- Good understanding of NZ legislation applying to Finance, Accounting and Tax
- Familiar with IFRS and local statutory financial rules and requirements
- Familiar with accounting systems and advanced Excel skills
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Attention to details and ability to meet deadlines
- Effective leadership and management abilities
- Strategic and proactive
- Time and resources management
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Coaching, counselling, and conflict resolution
- Flexible with can-do attitude
Candidates must have full work rights in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Finance Manager, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.