Skills: Construction Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Wood is currently recruiting for a Site Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry, particularly within the tankage sector. This is a permanent staff position based in Cork, Ireland.
To deliver immediate project deliverables and plan for delivery of future project deliverables.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Become familiar with the Estimate, the design strategy, the construction strategy, and any pre-contract correspondence
- Assist the operations manager to resource the project with suitably qualified and experienced supervision and labour
- Assist the operations manager to prepare the project specific HSSE, Quality and Project management site documents, and site files, in accordance with the business template documents.
- Provide the supervision and labour with adequate induction, information and instruction on how to apply these systems correctly
- Liaise with Planning to update the progress weekly
- Liaise with Operations manager, QS to review the project end life forecast and provide monthly updates
- Liaise with Operations manager, QS, Supervisor onsite, customer representative to set-up the project variation process
- Liaise with QS and subcontractors to set up the subcontracts for the project(s)
- Liaise with EP materials and plant coordinator to arrange the bulk materials and plant orders
- Liaise with EP materials and plant coordinator to arrange the consumable and ongoing material needs
- Liaise with EP workshop to arrange delivery of fabricated items for the project
- Mobilise the project team (site supervision, labour, inspection). Assist the Operations manager
- Set the standards and goals for the project with the project team
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with the customers representative
- Audit the project(s) regularly - HSE & Quality
- Audit/monitor the project(s) regularly - Progress & Commercial change management versus originally agreed position in estimate
- Providing a weekly summary report to the Ops manager
- Take responsibility for the profit and loss of the project within your portfolio. Provide explanation on any variations to forecast at the monthly project reviews
Skills / Qualifications
- Experienced in the technical delivery of projects under their responsibility
- Highly experienced in delivering construction project (£1m - 5m) in a lump sum environment
- Recognised HSE qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH)
- NVQ in supervisory/leadership
- Degree in project management
- First aider
- Temporary works coordinator
- CSWIP welding inspector
- Appointed person
- EEMUA159 inspector
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.