Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Big Spring, Texas, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Lease Operator in Big Spring, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining onshore oil and gas properties.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Perform basic to intermediate level pumping skills which include but not limited to: tank gauging, the proper operation of heater/treaters and 3 phase separators, and all attendant valve and oil seals and seal records. Ability to repair equipment as needed.
- Assist in witnessing meter calibrations, monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells; make necessary adjustments, monitor chemical use, and test safety systems daily; maximize daily production.
- Operate properties to ensure all regulatory, environmental and safety compliance issues and goals are met.
- Daily production reporting and scheduling of oil and produced water movement.
- Seek ways to reduce direct lease operating expenses by noting problems and/or recommending courses of actions to supervisor.
- Operate wells and artificial lift methods to optimize production.
- Work on all types of production equipment, pump valves, treater dump valves, gas regulators, etc. Identify potential problems.
- Monitor chemical and lubricating oil usage at wells.
Skills / Qualifications
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines
- Knowledge/experience in production and artificial lift operations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Excel) and simple mathematical calculations.
- Must organize and plan daily work schedule. Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends,
- Safety sensitive position subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Valid driver's license and clean record.
- Work will require standing, stooping, walking, climbing tank stairs, carrying instruments weighing up to 80 pound
- Prefer a minimum of 1-3 years of experience.
- Flowing back wells and or pumping experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.